To be honest, I found Apple’s announcement of the iPad quite underwhelming. I mean, c’mon! The name alone conjures up ideas of feminine hygiene products, not the “magical” most advanced technology that has ever been created.
Don’t get me wrong…if someone gave me one of these suckers, I’d take it in a heart beat. I’d like to try out the book reader.
I think this is a great first step in a new direction of computing. I’d like to see 2nd and 3rd generations of the iPad, but for all that is good, please change the name!!
- 9.7-inch screen
- LED-backlit, IPS display
- “Multi-touch” touch-screen interface
- Weighs 1.5 pounds
- Half inch thick
- Up to 10 hours of battery life, with one month standby
- Some models support 3G Network
- 16, 32 or 64GB flash storage
- Built-in speakers
Price and Availability:
- Available in 60 Days
- Wi-Fi Only: $499 for the 16GB, $599 for the 32GB and $699 for the 64GB.
- Wi-Fi with 3G: $629 for the 16GB, $729 for the 32GB and $829 for the 64GB.
- Data plans for 3G-capable versions of the iPad are from AT&T and will cost $29.99 a month for unlimited usage, with a 250MB plan available for $14.99 a month.
- Previously purchased iPhone and iPod Touch games and applications will all work on the company’s new iPad device.